Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's Half-time!

It's been a while since I've made that big announcement hoping to complete a full mile by the end of the year. I promise that it was not made out of a whim. However, I also have realized that merely stringing a mile of beads does not suffice.

I mean, who would WANT to look at a mile of beads. Nothing special, right?

Thus, I have decided to rather deliver something entertaining, whimsical, humorous or even thought provoking. And it reflects in the various sections that make up the Neverending Necklace. My personal race is on for finding, handsome and clever sections of beads that will intrigue those who are looking at them.

Piece of cake, you say? Not so.

First, there is that self-imposed iron rule that each dedicateable bead must be separated from the next one by twelve connector beads. And no two dedicated beads should overlap, so you can see each and every bead any time.

Then, there is a time limit. Not by choice, but by default: a day only has 24 hours, no matter how you look at it.

And to make things worse, there is a monetary restriction ;-)
Believe me, folks, it is costly to create and maintain the Neverending Necklace, despite the many donated beads and the support I have been receiving from you over the years.

Specialty panels such as the "Japan" panel require me to purchase huge quantities of matching beads, and they can't be sourced from my existing stockpile for the lack of the right type of beads required in its design.

So there you have it: more obstacles than smooth sailing.

Not to worry, though: there are people working behind the scenes aiming to remedy these "growing pains". Just remember that it takes time. Miracles always take a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment