Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A glimpse of a beader's work space

So this is what it looks like. It's where I sit every day. It's my "grindstone', if you will. But I LOVE it: it's familiar, it's comfy, it's home. And it lets me be productive as well as creative.



There is something to be said about stringing beads. Often, people ask me where I get the patience. Well: it takes NONE! Actually, beading is a very quick, satisfying accomplishment, with the knowledge that it only takes about 1/2 to 2 hours to create a magnificent piece of jewelry.

And it's quiet, peaceful. It bothers no-one, and every time a client gets a finished piece they're happy.

During downtime, I string beads as a hobby: the Neverending Necklace.

How much better can it get?

No comments:

Post a Comment